Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nike Outlet: My Best Friend


I'm definitely a shoe guy.

Even before I started selling on Ebay I could spend a long time walking the aisles of a good discount shoe store. My weakness has always been cool basketball shoes, and I have my fair share of them.

The point is, shoes are something I know a lot about, and something I'm interested in. This is one of the most important aspects of selling products on Ebay.
Sell stuff you like.

If you like shoes, this post will help a lot. If not, I still have some good ideas to think about.
I find amost all of the shoes I sell from a Nike outlet 10 minutes from my college campus.
Here are some of the ways you can make money selling shoes from a similar outlet.
  • Look for shoes with at least a 70% markdown from the original price.
This much of a discount almost always means you can resell the shoes for a good profit. Your goal is to always make 100% profit on the shoes you buy. In other words, if you buy shoes for $40, you want to sell them for $80.
Ideally, for you to sell shoes for $80, the original price needs to be at least $140 ($140 is roughly 70% more than $40). This doesn't always have to be the case though, which leads me to my next point.
  • Look for rare, or sought after shoes.
The right pair of shoes can go for even higher than the original price. You just have to research the shoes you find to tell if they fall into this category. Luck has a lot to do with what you find at an outlet on a given day. Usually you won't find these types of shoes though so don't get your hopes up too much.
  • Look for popular, cool shoes
You can almost never go wrong with Jordans, and Air Force Ones. The rest is up to your sense of what's cool.
  • Coupons, coupons, coupons
Most outlets have coupons that you can sign up for via email. Remember, the more discounts you get, the more profit you can make.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i just want to know if what happen to your outlet-ebay staff, are there any legal issues i have to avoid? I have acces to an outlet in my place and tempted to sell them on ebay but im not sure if there are any violation for that. Thank you

    ReplyDelete