Monday, April 18, 2011

Interview With Marcus Wienke: A New Ebay Seller



My roommate Marcus Wienke is an interesting character and he has recently started selling on Ebay as a hobby. I thought it would be a good idea to ask him some questions about his experiences with Ebay selling.

When and why did you start selling on Ebay?

I started when I found out oodles of money was being forked out to people selling on Ebay. I already had a job, but I wanted to get some supplemental income to enjoy. This would have been in around November 2010.

Has oodles of money been forked out to you since you started selling?

Well, not yet. I like the principle of starting small, then getting huge. It reminds me of the story of the tortoise and the hare. The hare started out quickly and failed because he got tired, but the tortoise took his time to analyze his surroundings and physical capabilities. And in doing that, the real winner in the end was the tortoise. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sooo have you actually made any money?

Ok, well I have made around 800 dollars since I started. But I plan to make even more in the future.

So what is it that you like to sell on Ebay?

Well, at first I just started selling junk. To give an example, I went to Bethesda Thrift Store and bought some really cheap stuff that had almost no value whatsoever. On one item, I actually quadrupled my profit. I bought an Atari flashback gaming system for 3 dollars, and sold it for 15 dollars. Hows THAT for profit maximization. That woman, man, or animal that bought that Atari from me wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but a man's gotta make his money.

Okay, that's pretty good. Have you sold anything besides junk?

Of course I have, silly. I have sold clothing items and shoes as well. For clothing, I have sold many Adidas products from an outlet store, and for shoes I have sold Nike products. I bought one particular pair of Nike shoes for 70 dollars that were glow and the dark. I sold these shoes to some chump on Ebay for 165 dollars. That has been my best sale ever. So far...

Well I hope you continue to find success in your Ebay selling endevours. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment